¡La vida asi es!

Good People, It has taken me awhile to do this. No not join the Peace Corps! That was just a matter of time, a destiny. No it has taken me awhile to create this website because of my ambivalence towards computers and lack of internet accessibility. So because of this the blog will be updated only periodically. But!!!!!! I will try to include cool photos so I´ll keep you interested. Leave a comment to contact me. ---> I served from 2007-2009

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, Guatemala

I am under the Appropriate Technology sector of Peace Corps and work as a Hydrologist. Our goal is to improve family/community health by building gravity-flow water systems. I am located along the Chapas border (Mexico) and have a large coverage area in the municipalities of Sibinal, Tajumulco, and Tacana. Grey-water deposits, latrines, water roof can-catchments, rope-pumps, and 8,000L water holding tanks are some examples of our projects. DISCLAIMER: This WEBsite is is not Peace Corps- Guatemala affiliated.

Sunday, July 1, 2007

San Antonio Aldea - Our training project








During our Appropriate Technology training we were assigned to build a final project. For us we were sent to San Antonio, a small Aldea of Xenacoj (my training pueblo in the mountains near the capital). We discussed the needs of the community and decided to build a water can-catchment roof to provide water for the existing latrine at the small local primary school. We had to develop a budget, buy materials, get the community involved, and build it ALL IN SPANISH! After months of planning, preparation and building (and screwing up) we finished! In the final photo is me with John, Tony, and our trainer Lynn and John´s host Dad Luis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home